The beauty of this decadent snack is that you can use whatever cheeses set your heart afire.
I’ve used combinations of as many as four different cheeses before – just make sure that at least one is good for melting (like a swiss or a mozzarella)
1 pound (400-450 g) unsliced loaf bread
3.5 oz (100 g) Matured Cheddar Cheese , thinly sliced
3.5 oz (100g) Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
1/3 cup (70 g) butter, melted
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (about 4-5 green onions)
2 tsp flax and sesame seeds, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C).
2. Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust. Place it on a foil lined baking sheet.
3. Combine chopped onions with butter and seeds if used.
4. Arrange cheese slices between the bread cuts.
5. Pour the butter-onion mixture into bread cracks.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.